|About Our Chapter
Music City Romance Writers (MCRW) is Nashville’s chapter of Romance Writers of America® (RWA). Our goal is to provide support, information, and resources to both published and unpublished authors.
The following are benefits of MCRW membership:
* Monthly chapter meetings with workshops on the craft and business of writing.
* Annual retreat offering fellowship with authors and opportunities to schmooze with industry professionals.
* Annual Melody of Love Contest, which provides judge training, critiques of entrants’ writing, and the chance for entrants to get their work in front of an editor.
* The opportunity to form critique groups with fellow MCRW members.
* Monthly chapter newsletter, Love Notes, which offers articles on the craft and business of writing, market news, listings of our published members’ upcoming books, research information, etc.
* Useful, private, and simple to use email loop to share information with other MCRW members.
* A New Member Packet full of useful information.
* A chapter library of loaner material on the craft and business of writing.
MCRW’s 2013 Melody of Love Romance Novel Contest, now in its 15th year, closed to entries in early September. We will announce finalists in mid to late October. We are pleased to announce our Final Round Judges:
• CONTEMPORARY judged by Agent Pamela Harty of The Knight Agency
• HISTORICAL judged by Editor Kerri Buckley of Carina Press
• PARANORMAL judged by Editor Candace Havens of Entangled Publishing
• YOUNG ADULT judged by Editor Heather Howland of Entangled Publishing
Questions about our contest? Contact Contest Coordinator Charissa Weaks: email@example.com
Date: October 19, 2013Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: 9:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Wingate by Wyndham Nashville Airport
Topic: MCRW's October Mini-Conference is an annual, all-day chapter event. Panels and workshops will be presented by NYT bestselling author Julie Kagawa, NYT bestselling author Theresa Ragan, and internationally bestselling author Lynn Raye Harris.
Pitch appointments with Stefanie Lieberman, Nalini Akolekar, and Candace Havens will also be available.
The registration fee is $25 for MCRW members or $35 for non-members and includes lunch!
For more information, please visit our event page at http://www.rwa.org/p/cm/ld/fid=1137
PITCH Contest Winners Announced
Music City Romance Writers is pleased to announce the winners of the 2013 MCRW Pitch contest!
1st -- The Fine Art of Holding Your Breath** by Charity Tahmaseb
2nd -- Nixies in Dixie* by D.B. Sieders
3rd -- Knight of Redemption+ by Angela Johnson
Click Here to read more...
For more information on our chapter, please contact Kim Law at email@example.com.
Click here to see a listing of published authors in our chapter.
Join Our Chapter
Click here to learn more about joining our chapter.
Members of this chapter can CLICK HERE for full access to this chapter's content.